The long-awaited Portugal Golden Visa changes came into effect on the 1st of January 2022.
Required Golden Visa minimum investment amounts increased:
- Investment Fund option increased from €350,000 to €500,000
- Capital Transfer option increased from €1 million to €1.5 million
- Portugal Golden Visa through Real Estate face restrictions:
- For real estate properties to qualify for Golden Visa, they have to be located in the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira or in the interior territories, identified below.
- The changes limit the locations where you can invest in a property for a Golden Visa. The minimum investment amounts remain the same, while there are geographical restrictions on the qualifying areas.
You are no longer able to get residential property in major cities such as Lisbon or Porto or in coastal towns of the mainland.
Only the property investments inland and possibly rural or low-density areas are eligible!
See the map below for eligible areas.